Essentials of Oncology for Pharmacists is an online learning course and covers a wide range of important topics to provide a holistic approach to patient care. Upon completion of the program, participants will have a better understanding of:
- Cancer basics and how to navigate the cancer system
- The pharmacology and common toxicities of treatment, as well as optimal management strategies
- The basics of cancer pain management, adherence and common drug interactions
- Complementary therapies for cancer treatment
- Safe handling of anticancer agents
- Chemotherapy prescription review
- Palliative care
The program consists of 12 interactive modules which are approximately 30 - 45 mins. You will have 3 months to complete all the modules and final exam. For more information, please see our Q&A section.
Who should attend?
Essentials of Oncology for Pharmacists is designed for pharmacists from across Canada in all practice settings, particularly those in primary care, community pharmacy practice or those new to oncology. This is an introductory program with a holistic approach to caring for a cancer patient in the community setting. If you have previous oncology experience, you may go straight into the Advanced Program by writing an Essentials of Oncology Exemption Exam. For more information, please see the Q&A section or contact us for more information
Program Start dates:
September 6, 2016
$399 + HST - Register Now
For information on group discounts, please contact email@example.com
* Participants who complete this program will receive a certificate from the Office of Continuous Professional Development at the Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto.