Upon completion of Part 2, Theory and Technique in Administration of Injections—A Course for Practicing Pharmacists, participants will be able to:
- Describe the theory and demonstrate techniques for giving injections to children and adults.
- Demonstrate techniques for: drawing up medications, injecting medications and safe disposal of equipment.
- Identify appropriate client counselling.
- Describe the required monitoring for therapeutic and non-therapeutic client response.
- Document the injection or immunization encounter.
- Teach a patient to self inject.
- Identify safe practices for administering injections and what to do in case of a needle stick injury.
*The session will conclude with written and practice tests. Participants must achieve at least 70% to pass.